Here's a real timesaver!
A template is a track of annotations that is applied to multiple projects. Templates can be used to quickly apply identical annotations to multiple videos with one click.
Multiple template tracks can be added to any project. If the template track is updated, HapYak will automatically update all projects using this template.
This is great for any features that should be added to a large number of videos, for instance, adding a logo to all of a company's videos, adding a "skip-ahead" button to a series of videos that have the same pattern, or adding a call to action on all videos with a similar subject.
Here's how to do it:
- In the Project List, click Templates, then New Template.
- HapYak automatically loads a sample video source. You can change this video by clicking Configure, then Video source.
- Add annotations. Pro Tip: If you set the start time to -20, the annotation will appear 20 seconds before the end of the video. This means it will dynamically adjust for every project the template is applied to. Likewise, 25% will set the start time to 25% of the way into the video, no matter the length.
- To apply the template to a project, navigate to that project, click Settings, then click Templates Applied.
- Sit back and enjoy all the time you saved.