The Branching Experience allows you to quickly string together multiple videos and add annotations that let the viewer and jump from video to video. This creates a "choose-your-own-adventure" experience for your viewers.
HapYak's Branching Experience editor dramatically streamlines the editing process, cutting work-time from hours to minutes and is available out-of-the-box to all plans.
Best of all, it works with all supported video players - Brightcove, Wistia, Vimeo, JW Player, YouTube, Kaltura, Video.js, Ooyala, etc... and of course videos directly uploaded to HapYak.
- Click the Experiences Tab
- If needed, click "New Experience"
- Name the experience. Click "Branching" Type. Click "Next".
- Add Projects. You can choose existing projects or create new ones. (As a reminder a "Project" in HapYak is one interactive video). You can even mix existing projects and new ones you create for this experience. And don't worry, you can always add more projects and rearrange them later.
- You will now add all the annotations you need, You'll most likely be adding text or hotspot annotations that branch from video to video. To do so, add the annotation, click "link", then Jump to video: and select the video from the list.
- If you select "Jump to Video" you can then select "Jump to video time" to go to specific point in the destination video.
- If you just select Jump to video time without a Jump to Video selected it will simply jump to that time in the current video.
- At the bottom you'll see the full list of videos. Simply drag and drop to re-arrange the order of videos or click Edit to edit a different video.
Landing Page - On the Experience page, click "View". This will open up a dedicated landing page URL that you can share with anyone. This URL is constant no matter how you re-edit or change settings on the experience, so share away!
Embed - On the Experience page, click "Share" then Share Type. Copy the embed code and paste into your CMS, LMS, website, etc....
- Auto Progress - Automatically progresses to the next video in the playlist when the previous video ends.
- Auto Play - Automatically plays each video in the playlist when a viewer clicks to it or when they progress to it automatically.
- Custom CSS (URL) - Apply custom styling to the entire experience. Read more here.
- If you would like to hide the project titles from the viewer add this to the experience's custom css field:
- Social Sharing - Standard social sharing bar at the top. Select the social channels you'd like to include. Add an optional message.
- Branding - Add a header or footer to the landing page. Include HTML code directly here.