Yes! HapYak annotations are fully responsive for any size screen and work on all mobile devices. Note of course that mobile phones in particular are a small form factor so you'll want to ensure that annotations are authored with that in mind. If you'd like advice on mobile interaction design, click the button below.
iPad is supported out-of-the-box.
Apple supports interactive video for iOS 10 and higher. For a live look at iOS 10 adoption percentage go here.
You'll want to ensue that the embed code from your video player (Brightcove, YouTube, Wistia, Kaltura, Video.js etc...) will include the "playsinline" tag to interactive playback.
With some players you can simply check a box in your account settings, while with others you may need to add the tag to your embed code by typing it in. Here are the details...
- Brightcove: Manually add "playsinline" to the embed code.
- YouTube: Manually add "playsinline" to the embed code. Details here.
- Wistia: For All Videos: In Account > Advanced > Beta Features check Tiny Vulcan. For one video, manually add "playsinline" to the embed code.
- Kaltura: Manually add "playsinline" to the embed code.
- Video.js: Manually add "playsinline" to the embed code.
- Vimeo: No support. To request this feature from Vimeo, click here.
- HapYak (Video uploaded directly): No work needed. We add the "playsinline" tag automatically to your embed code.
If you are unable to add this tag to your video player simply email their support team this article and cc email@example.com and we can assist.
Android has a large constellation of device / os version / carrier combinations so like most apps and SaaS apps it is not officially supported. But the good news is the vast majority of these environments simply works out of the box as most support inline playback of video.
if you have your own native app or web app into which you'd like to embed a HapYak video follow these instructions.
Playback UX Options on Mobile
Inline v. Full Screen
Inline means the interactive video will play back in the exact place on the web page it is embedded. Full Screen means that when a viewer taps play, the interactive video will take over the screen during play back.