DISCLAIMER: This feature is currently in BETA.
The Custom Form is one of HapYak's Custom Annotations. It allows you to embed any form from any system (like Google Forms, Typeform, Calendly, Mailchimp, Marketo, Eloqua, Hubspot, etc...) on top of a video.
This annotation also cleverly hides the form and only slides it open when a viewer clicks a call to action. Here it is in action...
Adding a Custom Form
- Ensure you have the Custom Annotation Library provisioned.
- Add an Iframe Annotation. Go to the Library Tab. Click "Custom Form". Click "Add."
- Set all the standard Annotation Options and position the annotation on screen. Click "Done."
- Click the Grey "Edit" Button to set the annotation specific options (button color, text, form URL, etc....). Click the blue "Save" button.
- That's it. You're done.
- Using an external form (like Google Forms) with this annotation has the advantage of sending all the submitted data straight to that system. Note that no data submitted to the form will show up in the standard HapYak Reports as it's routed straight to the external system.
- Think about setting the Start Time to say 5 or 10 seconds (near the beginning) or to say "15%" (which statistically gets the highest click rate.) And set the duration to "Until the end of the video". This will allow the viewer to click the CTA at any point in the video while keeping the form out of site until the CTA is clicked.