Adding a Quiz
To add a quiz click the "?" icon. Type your question and answer options. Click "+ Choice" for an additional multiple choice option. Click "+ Input" for an additional free response input field.
Click the trash icon to delete any question, choice or input field. Indicate the correct answer(s) by checking the radio button next to them.
You can add additional Questions to a quiz annotation by clicking "+ Question".
- Show cancel button | Adds a "cancel" button to the quiz, allowing the viewer to skip and not answer the quiz. Uncheck if you want to ensure a submission.
- Review screen | What the viewer sees after they submit. Detail below.
- Pass/Fail actions | You can change what the viewer sees next based on correct or incorrect answers to the quiz. This is known as "Adaptive Quizzing". Detail below.
- Answer types | By default there is only one correct choice per question. Here you can opt to allow multiple correct choices, and if desired, require all correct choices to be selected for the question to be answered correctly..
- Show review screen | Uncheck if you would like the video to simply play after a submit.
- Allow retry | Let the viewer resubmit their answer if they answered incorrectly.
- Allow viewer to see correct answer(s) | Let the viewer see which answer(s) were correct if they answered incorrectly.
- Review screen message | Set any text message that the viewer sees after they submit. Default is "Review your answers."
Here you can load a URL, jump to video time, add a custom message and more, based on whether the viewer passes or fails that particular quiz.
To "pass" the quiz, the viewer must answer at least 51% of the questions correctly. This can be adjusted by clicking "Set custom pass/fail threshold".
- Load URL | Automatically load any URL (to a web page, another interactive video, another lesson, a PDF, a supplemental learning resource, a landing page, etc....)
- Jump to video time | Go to any annotation in the video or to a specific custom time.
- Load track ID# (advanced) | Load an entire new track of annotations. This is a rarely used feature.
- Alternate message on pass / fail | Show a different message depending on how the viewer did on the quiz (for example, "That's not quite right, let's try again...")
- Reset questions | You can choose to show the quiz to the viewer again or not if they come to that point in the video again (for example if they were branched back to an earlier part of the video to review a specific section and then you wanted them to answer the quiz again).
Free Response Question
The default question type is multiple choice. To create a free response question, delete the first multiple choice answer option. Then click "Add Text Input."
Ensure quiz annotations appear every time (when viewers rewatch a video)
On the project page for that video, go to Configure, then select Show questions: Every view.